The Ninety-Fifth Psalm
O COME, let us sing unto the LORD;
* let us heartily rejoice in the strength of our salvation.
Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving;
* and show ourselves glad in him with psalms.
For the LORD is a great God;
* and a great King above all gods.
In his hand are all the corners of the earth;
* and the strength of the hills is his also.
The sea is his, and he made it;
* and his hands prepared the dry land.
O come, let us worship and fall down,
* and kneel before the LORD our Maker.
For he is the Lord our God;
* and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand.
To-day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts
* as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness;
When your fathers tempted me,
* proved me, and saw my works.
Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said,
* It is a people that do err in their hearts, for they have not known my ways:
Unto whom I sware in my wrath,
* that they should not enter into my rest.
Return to Morning Prayer